[parisc-linux] Re: Fix for hppa-linux ld.so with newer binutils

Randolph Chung tausq@debian.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:56:43 -0700

Ben,

> Not to mention I am getting random segv's in the rest of the toolchain.
> I went back to a UP kernel suspecting it to be the cause. Now I'm
> getting a segv during the package builds due to a segv in the strip
> program (that may be a binutils bug).
>
> So, back to square one. I don't have time tonight to start looking at
> this, so I'll start on it tomorrow.
>
> BTW, most of the iconv/locales tests fail in glibc on parisc.

do you have a build log? if so can you put it on, say, auric?

also please show dpkg -s output for binutils and gcc-3.0

we seem to be getting some random segvs on A500's. James sees them a lot
on the hppa buildd (sarti). I have a feeling the toolchain might not be
at fault in this case.

if you'd like please post the source and I can try to build it here. i'm
building 2.2.4-3 with the newest tool bits at the moment. basic things
seem to be ok, but it'll take an hour or more for it to finish.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/