[parisc-linux] Re: Fix for hppa-linux ld.so with newer binutils

Ben Collins bcollins@debian.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:51:02 -0400

Ok. Seems there are some other issues still. I'm using the .10-1
binutils, and the latest patches for glibc. At first I thought the
testsuite was running through perfectly, until I realized that it was
because most of the tests weren't being run. The configure script thinks
it is cross-compiling, because it can't even run a simple test program.

Not to mention I am getting random segv's in the rest of the toolchain.
I went back to a UP kernel suspecting it to be the cause. Now I'm
getting a segv during the package builds due to a segv in the strip
program (that may be a binutils bug).

So, back to square one. I don't have time tonight to start looking at
this, so I'll start on it tomorrow.

BTW, most of the iconv/locales tests fail in glibc on parisc.

Ben

/                   Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux                  \