[parisc-linux] Problems installing a 715/100 - Reboots right after the 'Set defa ult PSW W bit to 0'

Tom palinux@alaskatech.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 06:23:24 -0800 (AKDT)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 Frode.Meling@wartsila.com wrote:
> * BOOTING FROM CD-ROM *
>
> Any ideas?
> We have tried on two different 715/100 machines. Same thing happens.
> (Booted OK on a B132L)
>
> We also tried upgrading the firmware to 1.6, did not help either...

My 715/100 is running on that release with no problems. (At least, no
problems that can't be attributed to running a brand new unstable
release.)

I don't have that message in my dmesg output anyplace that I can find. Did
it install properly, or is this hanging when you boot from the CD?