[parisc-linux] Xfree86 failled with -pa57

Soete Joel joel.soete@freebel.net
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:17:43 +0000

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Marteau wrote:

> Hi all
>
> > Is it possible to config XFree so that it takes mouse input from gpm?
> Yes via /dev/gpmdata but I won't advice you to do so.

Yes, I find it back simply on my i386 (but at home) on which it works
fine that is why I though to this idea but I will follow your advice.

> I launched X via startx on my B132L. I can launch many xterm but I can't
> exec xedit. I am looking why.

What's about a window manager the X default is twm (if I do not make
error) but it depends of menu which is not yet available for hppa? Can
we already replace it by fvwm to install later Xfce?

> Perhaps, you are stuck b/c of software and not hardware or kernel
> problems.
>
> Try to do it via startx, Thomas.
> ESIEE Team

I do not yet try, so I will do soon and let you inform.

Thanks for advice and good idea,
	Joel