[parisc-linux] HPMC when doing sync on c3k (32 bit kernel)

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:57:43 -0600

Randolph Chung wrote:
> I noticed that when i do a manual 'sync' on my c3000 running a 32-bit
> kernel, I get a HPMC:
> "pim hpmc" says:
> A Data I/O Fetch Timeout occurred while CPU 0 was
> requesting information from a device at the path 10/0/14/1/1 (built-in
> PCI device)

That's the SuckyIO serial port. Randolph and I exchanged notes offline
and concluded his prototype C3000 has PA8500 v2.0 CPU (and newer elroys
than mine). I can't reproduce the problem with a v2.3 chip.  I should be
able to upgrade his CPU to v2.3 and we'll see if the problem persists.
Lots of bugs in pre-2.3 chip revisions.
(BTW, does that answer your question Helge? :^/)

grant