[parisc-linux] Glibc 2.2.4-2 Woes...

Jurij Smakov jurij@lokmail.net
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 04:26:07 -0400

> M,
>
> I see what you mean now.
> I have glibc 2.2.4-2 compiling all the way to the point where it
> starts churning thorugh:
>
> make  -C sunrpc others

Hi!

Stuff fails in sunrpc, because it tries to do something like

rpcgen -Y `gcc -print-file-name=cpp | sed 's|/cpp$||'`

Argument to -Y option should be the dir, where cpp is located, so the
build expects, that `gcc -print-file-name=cpp` will return a full
path to cpp. Well, it does not. It spits out "cpp" and then sed
replacement fails, so the actual command being run is

rpcgen -Y cpp/cpp

It is probably easily fixable, but there is also a simple workaround:

cd .../glibc/sunrpc (NOT glibc-build)
mkdir cpp
cd cpp
ln -s /path_to_real_cpp/cpp cpp

After that I was able to finish the build.

Best regards,

Jurij.