[parisc-linux] Catching interrupt from power switch

Jurij Smakov jurij@lokmail.net
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 04:22:09 -0400

Hi!

I am obsessed with idea of catching interrupt from power switch
(it should be possible, according to Lasi docs) and making a
clean shutdown. I thought, that when power button is set to "off",
trap 2 (power failure interruption) will be generated. Strangely
enough, it didn't. What's wrong? The I-bit in the PSW, controlling
the masking/unmasking of this (and some other interruptions) seems
to be set, so the interruption is unmasked. Anyone has any ideas?

Cheers,

Jurij