[parisc-linux] review of Documentation/parisc/unwritten

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 18:44:07 -0600

Helge Deller wrote:
> Hi Grant,

Hi Helge!

> The LED/ChassisCodes are already updated by the led_halt() function, called
> by the reboot notifier chain. machine_halt() is called by sys_reboot(), so we
>    need
> to let it be a NOP, or just #define it as NOP.

Ok. NOP it will stay.

> machine_power_on could be deleted AFAIT.

I'll deal with that.

> Does the PA CPU has bugs ? :-)

Unfortunately, a few here and there. I've seen the bug lists
(eg 2.3 vs 2.4 Cuda) but don't understand all the issues.

I posted this mostly to make folks aware.
This is the place to put CPU-bug detection code so work-arounds
in other parts of the code can use known state.

grant