[parisc-linux] The continuing SMP problems

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 23:49:07 -0600

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> What it's doing here is trying to run the keyboard_tasklet, which seems
> to be disabled, so it reschedules it... ad infinitum.  More investigation
> required, but I'm on the track, I think.

I was browsing commits made between -pa19 (I think worked) and -pa30
(know it didn't work...could have been -pa32).  That got me looking
at -pa21 commit, changing the order of device detect and other init
calls.  Comments in include/asm-parisc/keyboard.h suggest the
initialization sequence is holy for kbd-ops usage. Still poking
around there.

BTW, rbrad doesn't think that commit got tested with CONFIG_SMP enabled
and noted that smp_init() is now *before* device detection.
Another lead to followup.

grant