[parisc-linux] Probably a silly question...

Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au Matt.VanDeWerken@csiro.au
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:27:33 +1000

Hi all:

I have a couple of 735/99s which I'd like to run linux on, but have a
problem: they only have FDDI networking, which isn't compatible with my
network.

I would really like to be able to run at least 10baseT on these boxes. So,
the question is, can I run an ISA network card in the EISA slot? I tried a
little while back to compile a driver using the normal Linux source, but it
was wrapped inside an #ifdef CONFIG_PCI or CONFIG_ISA, while my box has (I
assume) CONFIG_EISA defined. I know that on peecees EISA is a
backwards-compatible extension of ISA, is this the case on the PARISC line?
And if so, can I change the source of the driver to be #ifdef CONFIG_ISA ||
CONFIG_EISA (or whatever the syntax is)?

Any pointers would be appreciated (and keep up the good work!!).

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken
Electronics Engineer
CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069
ph:  (07) 3327 4685     fax:  (07) 3327 4455
email:  m.vandewerken@cat.csiro.au