[parisc-linux] Power button on 712

Jurij Smakov jurijus@theophys.kth.se
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:39:31 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Witvliet, Hans wrote:

> Under hp-ux, if you press the "power-button" on the front, the system traps
> it, and performs a "shutdown -h now"  (at least it takes ages to stop)
> So the button on the front is not a BRS, but just generates a irq (on some
> systems anyway....)
>
> I presume this irq could be trapped under linux aswell, not?

Hi!

I've posted a question about that on the list some time ago. According to
lasi docs, cutting of the power with the power switch should generate a
power failure interrupt, which I thought I could catch and make a clean
shutdown. I suppose, that it should be an interruption with code 2, so
I've added a handler for that in arch/parisc/kernel/traps.c (I think).
Well, it never became triggered by the power switch, and I have no idea,
why.

Best regards,

Jurij