[parisc-linux] How to burn the CD?

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:19:49 -0700

xfs@linux.se writes...

> Anyony knowing how to use the cd-burner in HpUX10.20 on a pa-risc?

cdrecord (and XCDRoast) can be made to work on HP-UX if you can't find another
easier solution.

> Another question: My HpUX-install-cd didn't boot on the cdrom...
> Is there any wrong with my burned cd with hpux, the cdrom-device or the
> mashine (pa712/60)? I hope it is the hp-install-cd becouse if it is the
> hardware, then I'm not beeing able to boot the linux-install-cd ether.

What type of cdrom drive is it? Firmware only supports certain types. Try
doing a "sea"rch in the firmware interface with a "known bootable on hppa
systems" cd in the drive. If the search finds it then you should be able to
boot from it.

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation