[parisc-linux] (no) HPMC on C200 and FX4 question

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:13:24 +0100

On Thursday 15 November 2001 16:33, Jurriaan Kalkman wrote:
> >By the way does anyone know why an FX4 would not be set up. The message is:
> >
> >Trying PCI STI ROM at f1e00000, PCI hpa at f6000000
> >I'm not trying to set up the PCI graphic card now... It would freeze your
> >machine
> >Unable to handle STI device 'PCI device 103c:1008 (Hewlett-Packard
> > Company)'
>
> I get that message too; and I also wonder what it means exactly.

It means that it doesn't try to start the sticon/stifb driver for your card.
Change the "#if 1" to "#if 0" in drivers/video/sti/sticore.c, line 926, recompile
and boot again - then please let me know if it crashes for you or not.
I once inserted that check because the sticon/stifb driver crashes with the
A4977A Visualize EG PCI card in my c3000. If it works for you we could try
to find a better solution.

Greetimgs,
Helge