[parisc-linux] J2240 - Almost There...

Jurriaan on Alpha thunder7@xs4all.nl
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:03:06 +0100

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 09:43:18PM -0500, Craig D. Lansing (root) wrote:
> After using my CD burner to create several nice coasters, I have been
> able to create a couple of CD's from which my J2240 will attempt to
> boot.  I think that I am almost there, but need someone to show me the
> error of my ways.  Disclaimer: I am not a System Admin by trade.  I have
> been an HP-UX user since about version 7, but have not had a box of my
> own to play with until I pulled this J2240 from the trash.  The system
> is a J2240 2-way, 2.5GB RAM, 2x8GB internal FW-SCSI Disks, DDS-III,
> internal Toshiba SCSI CD-ROM, 21" graphics console.

We know the story. Now don't mention it again, because we'll go green
with envy and look elsewhere :-)

> Command Line: 'root=/dev/ram console=tty0 sti=0 sti_font=VGA8x16
> TERM=linux'

Shouldn't that be ttyS0 for the console?

Good luck,
Jurriaan
--
Go not unto the Usenet for advice, for you will be told both yea and nay (and
quite a few things that just have nothing at all to do with the question).