[parisc-linux] Keyboard problems and StiFB

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 14:23:17 +0100

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 11:57:59AM +0100, Rüdiger Scholz wrote:
> But now I have some trouble with my keyboard. I use a ps/2-keyboard and
> -mouse with HIL-Adaptorbox. If I do a cold boot the kernel finds a
> HIL-Keyboard, loads a keymap and  at the login the keyboard has a weird

hmm, that sounds wrong. If you have only attached a PS/2 keyboard, it
shouldn't find a HIL keyboard.

> Any Solution ?

posting your boot.log might help a little bit.

> And there's another question: How do I change between the first stifb
> and the second stifb? Console always opens on my second graphics card
> (HCRX24), but due to the resolution of 1280x1024 everything is quite
> small, so I would like use the builtin graphics.

video=map:x1:x2:x3 ...

x1 selects framebuffer on virtual console 1
x2 selects framebuffer on virtual console 2
x3 selects framebuffer on virtual console 3

Look for the BootPrompt-HowTo for a longer description.

I don't have my B132 setup for testing this, but it should work (final
last word :-)).

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]