[parisc-linux] Compiling Mozilla on parisc-linux fails

Thomas Marteau marteaut@esiee.fr
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:44:35 +0100

Hi Kenneth,

> I tried to do a dpkg-buildpackage. He seems to be complaining about the
> "zip" package. Appearantly the build depends on this package. However, when
> I tried a "apt-get install zip" the package was not found. Is there an alias
> for this package, or do I also need to build this package from the
> source-deb?
The package "zip" is non-US. So, you have to add the non-US server in
your source.list and do a "apt-get source zip" and then build the
package.

But, I will say that in
http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/z/zip/ , you
have the hppa binary
http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/z/zip/zip_2.30-3_hppa.deb

Since I do not know if it is very legal to do that. It is up to you :-)

After installing it, you will be able to start the building of
mozilla...

Good luck, Thomas.
ESIEE Team