[parisc-linux] Re: More Install on C110: Kernel doesn't load...

Jurriaan on Alpha thunder7@xs4all.nl
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 07:01:16 +0100

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 08:56:40PM -0600, Daniel Williams wrote:
> OK, burned the straight download ISO the way that works with EasyCD
> Creator, but it still gives me the same message as last time, in the
> same place as last time.
>
> <snip of seg 0-3 loads>
> Error: read from boot device failed( status = -4)
> byteio_read: seekread() returned -1 expected 2048
> error:  segment 0 read() failed
>
> The CD was burned at 2x and the discs are 4x certified (PNY).  The CD is
> external on the 50 pin narrow bus (core.SCSI.2.0)  However, it does not
> have termination on the external bus.  The internal narrow SCSI devices
> *do* have termination (ie the DDS2 tape drive).  I have switched the CD
> with the DDS2 drive before, but not this time with the new correct
> burn.  Could termination be an issue here and should I try putting the
> CD drive internally with termination?

If your external chain is unterminated, then yes, termination could be
an issue. It's not certain, but it's certainly easier to try than
testing another CDROM, right?

Good luck,
Jurriaan
--
Put it this way, when people slip in what dogs have left in the streets,
they do tend to say, 'Oops, I've trod in an Edmund'.