[parisc-linux] Old but open problem of Xfree on 2.4.9-pa75

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Sun, 04 Nov 2001 01:20:59 +0100

Hello !

Starting current Xfree-4.1.0.1 the system reports the already described

FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

(a message not written into the log file !!)

This message is written after

(**) FBDev(0): Using "Shadow Frambuffer"

The resulting reaction is the fatal error with an abort.

What is the reason for that ?
By the way, the server also reports not having
the PCI stuff, which is perhaps not compiled in my kernel, but that
seems not
to be the problem here.

How can this can be solved. My config uses 8 bbp, the STI console driver
inside
the kernel also reports 1280x1024-8 ! So this should run ....

Please help

Christoph P.

private:	christoph.plattner@gmx.at
company:	christoph.plattner@alcatel.at