[parisc-linux] Re: List of packages for hppa ISO release version 2

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Wed, 30 May 2001 17:20:27 +0100

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 04:16:03PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> US export rules were significantly relaxed over the past year. The bad days
> are mostly gone providing you dont ship from the USA directly to Cuba, Iraq
> and other countries the US doesnt like (eg Afghanistan, except when the US
> govt is sending them huge amounts of money)

Debian still make the distinction (though a lawyer is being consulted
imminently, I hear).  We don't have the inclination to go through all
the lawyering ourselves at this point, so we decided to not ship non-us
packages on the CD.  There's nothing to stop anyone accessing the debian
non-us archive, where you will find ssh, ircii, krb5, lynx-ssl, apache-ssl,
gnupg, postgres and many other good things.