[parisc-linux] Palo: how-to reinstall

Paul Bame bame@riverrock.org
Mon, 28 May 2001 12:27:05 -0600

> Dear Matt,
>
> I have to reinstall my root fs after some fatal mistakes. And I discover a
> may25-3-wide raw and try it.
>
> Just a problem when it try to reinstall palo (a had also this problem
> before).
> My system disk was already made bootable with palo and I do not want
> re-format the all disk because of some other fs containing some packages and
> test I do not want to loose.
>
> Is there any tips to re-install palo on a working disk (writing 512 null
> char at the beginning of the disk with dd?)?

The palo Debian package does nothing to your disk when it is installed.  This
will eventually change I think but not soon.

Palo does not modify the disk partition table, only the contents of the F0
partition and some parameters needed by the HP boot ROM.

I do not understand your problem -- can you give more details?

	-Paul Bame