[parisc-linux] Problems booting 712/100 with 0.6 ISO

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 14:42:50 -0600

"Mikkel Lauritsen" wrote:
> > If the disk is bootable it should show up.
>
> It does. What I'm wondering is if the rather old CD-drive that I'm
> using is somehow unsupported when it comes to booting from it. As I
> mentioned, the original HP drive (which is really a Toshiba 5701)
> doesn't grok the CD, so I'm using another drive instead.

Ok. Some PDC implementations have problems with SCSI devices
that initiate SDTR or WDTR negotiation or don't auto-spin up.
It's called "Target Initiated Negotiations" in the IBM literature
I recently looked at.
Check the jumpers on the device with a product manual in hand.

> > Oh and what Firmware rev do you have on the 712/100?
> > (hint: FAQ at www.parisc-linux.org explains PDC updates)
>
> 2.3, which would appear to be the newest, judging from the list at
> HP.

Yes it is.

grant

Grant Grundler