[parisc-linux] Re: Auction - K200 + tape drive (Wisconsin USA)

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 11:01:42 -0600

Andrew Shugg wrote:
> > iirc, K200 is similar to the C100/C110 but mostly with HP-PB
> > and some GSC "slots" . GSC "slots" are for "3x5" form factor
> > (3 by 5 inches) and not the EISA-formfactor in the workstations.
>
> So ... meaning hard to get bits for?  Or requires different drivers
> which haven't been written in linux-hppa?

HPPB requires different drivers. Main problem for EFGHI-class servers.

GSC drivers are the same regardless of form factor.
At first I thought it would be harder to find 3x5 add-on cards.
But I'm not sure about it or if those cards are more expensive.

> > Probably not for debian autobuilder. We are setting up newer
> > machines as autobuilder.  Maybe interesting for someone with
> > 19" rack and plenty of floor space.
>
> Well I might be alone in wanting to collect lonely old boxes then.  ;P

Definitely not. There's a pdp11 group here in silicon valley who
keep these boxes running in thier garages... I'm not joking.

And the k200 is actually a useful box if one has the power/space for it.
(Has remote console for example)

grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker