[parisc-linux] framebuffer drivers, sound

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Thu, 10 May 2001 00:07:36 +0200

On Wednesday 09 May 2001 23:43, Andi wrote:
> Helge Deller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had hacked up a stifb driver for my 715/64 (Artist GFX card) a few
> > weeks ago, which will give you at least correct colors. If you want to
> > test it you may download the current (unfinished and ugly!) version from
> > ftp://people.redhat.com/hdeller/parisc_stifb ,
>
> it works for me. colors are nice again. Why isnt your patch merged in?
>
> I added
> disp->scrollmode = SCROLL_YREDRAW;
> at the end of sti_set_disp() in stifb.c
>
> this makes scrolling A LOT faster.
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

the reasons why I haven't checked it in yet are:
1. currently it's an ugly hack,
2. it's still a hack,
3. it only supports artist gfx's (some 712/xxx and 715/xxx machines) atm,
4. I would like to test it more and clean up the sources before I commit it.

Thanks for the SCROLL_YREDRAW patch. I will upload the updated version to the
above ftp-site as soon as I have tested it.

Greetings,
Helge