[parisc-linux] a new (and free) C++ compiler for hppa!

Markus Werle markus@lufmech.rwth-aachen.de
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:41:45 +0200

Of course I am talking about gcc-3.0, but I am not sure if
it will come on that platform. My experience with
gcc on hpux is: better buld it with gcc as a starting point
(hen and egg problem) This is why I really want an access to
the cvs server of the puffin group, in the hope that puffin-gcc
bootstraps on a vanilla system.

Back to the nitty gritty:

I reported a failure of anonymous cvs access on this ML
some weeks ago (Mon, 29 Jan 2001).
It is still impossible for me to log in.

It may be that I am too stupid to do it right, but then please help me:
I did the cvs login as described, but anonymous login failed for some
unknown reason.

any idea?

> cvs --version

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11 (client/server)

> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@puffin.external.hp.com:/home/cvs/parisccv login
anonymous
(Logging in to anonymous@puffin.external.hp.com)
CVS password:
cvs login: authorization failed: server puffin.external.hp.com rejected
access to /home/cvs/parisccv for user anonymous

Markus