[parisc-linux] Keyboard problem on 715/80

Konstantinos Margaritis markos@feanor.nuclear.demokritos.gr
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:41:11 +0200 (EET)

Hi,
  I got me a 715/80 to try to play with linux, but with no keyboard or
mouse. Instead of getting a HIL kbd+mouse, I got the the HIL-PS/2 adapter
from ebay and a ps/2 keyboard and mouse. Both work fine on a pc, but on
the 715/80 (which has two disks, one was included and I don't know that is
inside and the other was in a powermac). The system does not boot but
unfortunately it does nothing apart from displaying the message:

Failed to initialize a keyboard
Fix the keyboard and cycle power

It doesn't work. Anyone can show me some pointers as to what might be at
fault? Is there a jumper on the motherboard that I should set? might it be
a broken HIL port?

Anyway, Are there any web sites that offers technical info on these
machines? I mean like schematics, manuals, etc.
And another thing, what is the round button in the middle of one side of
the case? A reset?

Thanks for any help.

Konstantinos