[parisc-linux] 735/125 Install Woes

Robert Liesenfeld xunil96@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:35:26 -0800 (PST)

Greetings-

I'm trying to get palinux installed on my 735/125.  I've got serial console on it (laptop + serial
cable + minicom), a 4GB SCSI disk installed.  This machine has previously run HP-UX 10.20 just
fine.  When I try to boot either the lifimage I found on the FTP site, or the CD (palinux-0.5 ISO
from the FTP server), I get the following:

High Priority Machine Check (HPMC): Code=1 regs=c0266080 (Addr=00000000)

     YZrvWESTHLNXBCVMcbcbcbcbOGFRQPDI
PSW: 00000000000001000000000000001011

I can paste the remainder of the output if it is relevant, but I was hoping there was a simple
explanation for this, even if it is "it won't work, forget it."  :)

As a side note, is there anyone in the palinux community that is successfully running on a 735?

Thanks,

-R