[parisc-linux] 712/60: No login, only crashes

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@alcatel.at
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:07:45 +0200

There is no script starting the virtual console, it is kernel stuff.
But you can remove the login (any thing like "*getty") in the bottom of
the inittab, but then you will not have any login !!

The devices /dev/tty1 up to /dev/tty9 (I think) are the virtual
consoles.
The only way to use the full machine without virtual consoles is the
use of the serial console !
The kernel line must say "console=ttyS0" and in the inittab the "*getty"
should have ttyS0 as paramter ....

With friendly regards
	Christoph P.