[parisc-linux] Re: SCSI in arch/{m68k,parisc,sparc*}/config.in

Geert Uytterhoeven geert@linux-m68k.org
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:22:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Keith Owens wrote:
> cc: kaos@ocs.com.au please, I am not on these lists.
>
> arch/{m68k,parisc,sparc*}/config.in have their own SCSI list instead of
> using drivers/scsi/Config.in.  Cleaning up the SCSI config file is on
> my 2.5 TODO list, can you tell me why these architectures have their
> own list of SCSI devices?
>
> If it is because only some SCSI drivers work on these architectures, do
> you really need to be this specific?  Other architectures source
> drivers/scsi/Config.in without checking for arch dependent drivers.  If
> the need is to support extra arch specific drivers, use the same
> technique as acorn :-

[ speaking for m68k ]

We do that to avoid being annoyed with questions about irrelevant SCSI
hardware. If nowadays all ISA/EISA/MCA/PCI SCSI hardware questions are properly
protected with their respective CONFIG_*, we're willing to include the generic
drivers/scsi/Config.in.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds