[parisc-linux] Re: Kernel faults on boot

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:16:02 +0100

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 04:15:41PM +0100, Simeon Walker wrote:
> I thought I'd try and compile my own kernel to see if that
> had the same problem but have been unable to do so. First
> I tried the apt-get'able kernel source

don't do that -- we're not merged upstream.  ditto, don't do it for glibc,
gcc or gdb.  binutils should be OK, but no promises -- see some of the
recent breakages we've had.

> and then I tried the
> cvs version with the same problem. The error is:
>    make: hppa-linux-gcc: Command not found
> Is this because the kernel sources assume I'm cross compiling

that's right.  we're considering changing this.  it's a one-line
change in any case -- edit arch/parisc/Makefile and change
`CROSS_COMPILE=hppa-linux-' to `CROSS_COMPILE='