[parisc-linux] Re: problem installing on HP735

BOSCHINI@ICIL64.CILEA.IT BOSCHINI@ICIL64.CILEA.IT
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:35:07 +0000 (MET-01DST)

Hello all,

I changed HW, still 735 Apollo, and finally succeeded in going through the
first install. I got O.S. with no problem but had to do a

debootstrap sid /target file:/instmnt/debian from shell, since installtion
procedure seemed to hang (more than 1.5 hr).
Then I made the system bootbale and rebooted....

boot starts but then I get a "can not create tty4" and then

modprobe: modprobe can't locate module char-mayor-4

for many times.

Then
init respawning too rapidly

and finally everything hangs.
Rebooted in single user. /etc/fstab empty.
Inserted /, swap and proc , rebooted, but / is mounted in read-only...
Still get
INIT RESPAWNING TOO RAPIDLY....

any help ?

Already Thanking you,