[parisc-linux] clustering ??

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:17:31 +0100

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 08:32:39AM -0800, Tom wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Carlos O'Donell Jr. wrote:
> [snip]
> > And yes, SSH will work as a direct replacement for RSH in MPICH.
> >
> > However, I believed that SSH was currently broken on PA-RISC due to OpenSSL.
> >
> > Haven't tried compiling non-open SSH :)
> > I think we might give it a shot tonight.
>
> Not sure what "broken" may mean, but my 0.9 install has a working SSH
> server running on it. Mine *was* installed with contrib and non-free
> however, so it may be that a "pure" install doesn't have it.

the current openssh in the archives has a known bug (which i haven't seen
discussed on the list), which is that X forwarding does't work right.
at least not on my machine :-)

A bug which you'll see ssh trigger (but is actually in libc) is that it'll
set your rlimit to 2GB instead of infinity.  this should be fixed RSN.