[parisc-linux] clustering ??

Tom tom@Alaskatech.org
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:32:39 -0800 (AKDT)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Carlos O'Donell Jr. wrote:
[snip]
> And yes, SSH will work as a direct replacement for RSH in MPICH.
>
> However, I believed that SSH was currently broken on PA-RISC due to OpenSSL.
>
> Haven't tried compiling non-open SSH :)
> I think we might give it a shot tonight.

Not sure what "broken" may mean, but my 0.9 install has a working SSH
server running on it. Mine *was* installed with contrib and non-free
however, so it may be that a "pure" install doesn't have it.

If I remember right I was asked during the .deb install if I wanted to run
it as a server, answered yes and it's worked ever since (Same as a x86
Debian install). The 0.9 install sure does work better than the 0.6 one
did - no seg faults or errors...