[parisc-linux] clustering ??

Aaron Macks aaronm@cs.brandeis.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:02:59 -0400 (EDT)

> If anyone else on the list is working on clustering using PA-RISC
> boxes, please share the stories.
>
> As far as we know, we are the only group doing something as crazy
> as using unsupported PA-RISC hardware to run a beowulf.
>
> War stories? Success stories?
Well I have a cluster of misc machines and 8 HPPA boxes, the problems
is that they are all 715/33's, so adding them to the mix is not yet
> possible.  The good news is that every other flavor of Linux I
> use(PPC, i386,i586,i686,m68k,SPARC) and Irix all play nice with each
> other and I can't figure out why HPPA linux would be much different.

As far as RSH goes, have you tried to use SSH as a transparent
standin(sometimes you need to replace rsh with 'ssh -x' for everything
to be happy.  I use LAM instead of MPICH, but replacing rsh for me is
as simple as a configure-time selection.
Aaron
http://wiglaf.cs-i.brandeis.edu