[parisc-linux] Apollo 735/99 hangs after booting from CDROM

MichaelS.Zick MichaelS.Zick
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:05:56 -0500

Hi Mike
& Everyone

Try this:

Do a manual boot - so that you: boot xxxxxx IPL

Using the command line editor built into IPLBOOT -
Change the:: console=3Dtty0 entry
To: console=3DttyB
Proceed with boot.

Expect: Boot should proceed normally, until -
you get a message about "unable to open initial terminal"

If such is the case, then your model 735 is affected by a
problem reported for other models. =20
Please post your results - the more model specfic
information availabe for the people working the problem,
the better.

At this point, kernel should be running and responding to
other points of access (such as over the network).

Mike (to Mike)