[parisc-linux] Problems with 0.9 ISO Images from mkhppa1.esiee.fr

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:34:47 -0600

Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> I don't think so, J282 doesn't even have PCI. Right now I can't boot it,
> because I've disassembled my computer room, but if memory serves right
> serial is attached to either wax or lasi.

I just checked. You are right. No PCI and both wax and lasi export
a serial interface. I thought all J-class had PCI but that is clearly wrong.
Early B/C-class don't have PCI either.

> > for that...but I know it's not on the 0.9 ISOs. Booting from a lifimage
> > (newer kernel plus Dino patch) might work better.
>
> even without having Dino ?

No. It won't work better afaik.
Anyone with a C160 is able to boot/install?

sorry,
grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker