[parisc-linux] Problems with 0.9 ISO Images from mkhppa1.esiee.fr

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 00:52:05 +0200

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 01:40:50PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> So I don't think it quite works yet - but it's not much more work either.
> I suggest installing 32-bit w/serial console (should work fine) and

that's what I did, just wondered a little bit.

> J282 might have serial on Dino and Clement (ESIEE) just hacked some support

I don't think so, J282 doesn't even have PCI. Right now I can't boot it,
because I've disassembled my computer room, but if memory serves right
serial is attached to either wax or lasi.

> for that...but I know it's not on the 0.9 ISOs. Booting from a lifimage
> (newer kernel plus Dino patch) might work better.

even without having Dino ?

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]