[parisc-linux] Failed boot on D310

djweis@sjdjweis.com djweis@sjdjweis.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 16:33:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, Richard Hirst wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 12:41:46PM -0500, djweis@sjdjweis.com wrote:

> > > Listed as untested on http://parisc-linux.org/release-0.9/systems.html
> > > Are you trying the serial or sti image?  If you can use serial, and
> > > get you terminal emulator to capture the boot messages and crash for us,
> > > that would help.
> >
> > It's headless, I was using the serial image. Below is my terminal output
> >
> Ah, I'd assumed it got as far as starting the kernel and then the
> kernel crashed.  In this case I think it has failed reading the
> CD.  Can you read the CD on some other system to check it burned
> ok?  Are you confident that the CD drive is P5 and is working?

I'll give that a try. It's definitely P5, I tried P0 a few times and
noticed that hpux kept booting. According to the legend inside the drive
cover, P5 is correct.

The cd did mount and read fine on another machine.

> An alternative is to boot the relevant lifimage over the network,
> and then either install from the network or from the CD (if the
> net booted kernel sees the CD).  See the REAME on the CD for details.

I'll give that a try.

dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement
djweis@sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent