[parisc-linux] dead keyboard after booting 0.61 STI32 iso on a 715/100

diab diab@diab.rulez.org
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 17:25:48 +0200 (CEST)

% Just for the record,
% Have identical behaviour with c110, with ps/2 keyboard&mouse.
% Tried 0.6 and 0.6.1, both freezes after the login prompt.....
found the solution :) its pretty dunb though

the problem is that 0.6 and 0.61 gives "console=tty" to the kernel on
boot, instead of "console=tty0" (as in 0.9)

tried to boot 0.61 (used palo to modify console=tty to tty0) and it works
flawlessly. ok lets say i was able to bring up eth0 and nfsmount the 0.9
iso remotely on my linux box. aint got a cd burner here at home so i
should use nfs somehow.

anyways i found no up2date NFS howtos on the
web, but an old one (2000.02) and somehow the nfsroot=mynfsserverip
approach seemed to be not working.. gave me stupid read and seek error codes.

anyways can i use the same lif images/kernels to boot from nfs? i dont
feel like building a cross compiler environment just for this.
if not - if would be nice to provide nfsboot capable kernel images for the
cdless people.

the sti console works fine and everything seems to be ok. this is a
715/100. see if i can copy the 0.9 over and make it working

regards,

--
diab