[parisc-linux] Proposal for Errata DB

M. Grabert xam@grabert.net
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:20:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I just wanted to know whether there is something
like a database where I can look up all the
unfinished tasks/unsupported hardware ?
(E.g. just like an additional entry in the
hardware database).

I'm writing this, because all the information
on the website (e.g. ToDo-list, or the 'supported
hardware' web page) are quite outdated or not
very accurate/detailed. So potential Linux/HPPA
users have to read the mailing lists carefully
and/or ask (maybe annoying) questions.

Since I'm not a (PA)linux kernel and HP expert
(and many people out there aren't either), I
just want to know what machine is supported
(and how good).

E.g. I own a HP9000/730, a HP9000/807/F10 and
a HP9000/780/C180; know I want to know on what
machines I can install and use Linux/HPPA successfully
and on what computers I should stick on HP/UX
(other user might use NeXTSTEP).

Switching to linux also depends on the supported aux. hardware
(parallel/serial ports, graphics, audio, ethernet and
pci/eisa bus): for some is parallel port support
very important, for others not ...

Therefore I would like some kind of up-to-date
database, where I can lookup all hardware
(like the h/w database) AND the current state of
the corresponding driver.

Greetings max

PS: keep on the good work!!!