[parisc-linux] Booting 0.9.2 on C110

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:47:28 +0100

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 02:40:19PM +0200, Witvliet, Hans wrote:
> High all,
>
> Just downloaded 0.9.2 image, burned it, and gave it a try on my C110.
> (should work afaik)
> For  the broad picture:
> C110, 256MB mem PS/2 keyboard & mouse, two lan interface, neither connected
> (yet) and no serial console)
>
> Booting went well, switched to STI-console (nice tux  in upperleft corner)
> In a blink boot (cpu, mem, disks, lan) info flashed across the screen, and
> then, instead of login, a graphic screen with a general debian message that
> it is experimental software.

That is correct, you are about to install linux from CD, so you are seeing
the first screen of the installer output.

> After that the system seems to be frozen...

There are problems with the keyboard driver; for some people unplugging
the keyboard and this point and then plugging it in again clears the
problem.  I found that an old Compaq keyboard did not lock up at all.
You should be able to press <space> or <return> on that screen and get
the main menu of the installer displayed.

Richard