[parisc-linux] Booting 0.9.2 on C110

Andy Walker squawker@start.no
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:01:43 +0200test

Quoting "Witvliet, Hans" <Hans.Witvliet@Alcatel.nl>:

> High all,
>
> Just downloaded 0.9.2 image, burned it, and gave it
> a try on my C110.
> (should work afaik)
> For  the broad picture:
> C110, 256MB mem PS/2 keyboard & mouse, two lan
> interface, neither connected
> (yet) and no serial console)
>
> Booting went well, switched to STI-console (nice tux
>  in upperleft corner)
> In a blink boot (cpu, mem, disks, lan) info flashed
> across the screen, and
> then, instead of login, a graphic screen with a
> general debian message that
> it is experimental software.
>
> After that the system seems to be frozen...
>
> Am i missing something?
>
> Hans.

Not really - its the PS/2 keyboard hang that currently
affects B-class and apparently C-class machine. Possibly
others too. My B132 does the same. Some people have had
success unplugging and replugging the keyboard at this
point - trying to provoke a reset. This hasn't worked for
me though :-(

-Andy

Få din egen @start.no-adresse gratis på http://www.start.no/