[parisc-linux] setting up the STI console on a 735/99

Matthieu Le Corre matthieu.lecorre@polytech.univ-nantes.fr
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:46:53 +0200

Le Lundi 16 Juillet 2001 09:53, vous avez écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 02:13:36PM +0200, Matthieu Le Corre wrote:
> > Le Jeudi 12 Juillet 2001 20:52, vous avez écrit :
> > > So I have now succesfully installed the base system on a external
> > > narrow SCSI. I can boot off of it. Now the next question is how do I
> > > set it up to go to the STI console instead of the serial?
> > >
> > > Ray
> >
> > try console=tty on palo commande line
> >
> > i try it, messages go on console but i get a "unable to open initial
> > console" and back to serial to login !
>
> I don't know whether linux supports graphical console on 735 yet.
> You could try enabling a line in /etc/inittab to spawn a getty on
> tty0, and see if you then get a login prompt.

i get it !
but i get a "unable to open initial console"
console seem to work because i get the whole message to the console ....
it's a shame that i get this "unable to open initial console"

> Richard

                    Matthieu Le Corre
                  Service informatique
   Ecole Polytechnique de l'Université de Nantes
      Matthieu.Lecorre@polytech.univ-nantes.fr
                     02.40.68.32.23