[parisc-linux] setting up the STI console on a 735/99

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:53:18 +0100

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 02:13:36PM +0200, Matthieu Le Corre wrote:
> Le Jeudi 12 Juillet 2001 20:52, vous avez écrit :
> > So I have now succesfully installed the base system on a external narrow
> > SCSI. I can boot off of it. Now the next question is how do I set it up to
> > go to the STI console instead of the serial?
> >
> > Ray
>
> try console=tty on palo commande line
>
> i try it, messages go on console but i get a "unable to open initial console"
> and back to serial to login !

I don't know whether linux supports graphical console on 735 yet.
You could try enabling a line in /etc/inittab to spawn a getty on
tty0, and see if you then get a login prompt.

Richard