[parisc-linux] Install on a 715/75 (wont boot)

Pedot, Wolfgang wpedot@harris.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 02:45:59 -0400

Hi,

I just dug out a 715/75 at work (64MB RAM, 2x1GB HD). Now I=B4ve =
cleaned it and
brought it to live I want to install Linux but the problem is neither =
0.9 nor
0.9.1 (downloaded yesterday) boots. I connected an external SCSI-CDRom =
(Toshiba
6401) and the 715 detects it and I can tell it to boot from this drive =
but I get
an IPL Checksum Error with 0.9 (tried with two CDs) and "Wrong IPL =
Magic" with
0.9.1. Both Images were downloaded and burned correctly as far as I can =
tell.
Now since this is my first experience with a PARISC-Machine I=B4m a =
little bit
helpless, any hints?

Wolfgang Pedot

PS: I=B4m also looking for some dokumentation for my machine since =
there is no
manual or anything available here...