[parisc-linux] How to access the second serial port on a B180 with PALINUX

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jo=EBl_Soete?= jso@europay.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:11:05 +0200

Richard,

I well find it but there is a problem with ps2 keyboard (on B180) with this
kernel.
Awaiting the patch I am instaling 0.9.1 with a serial console which will
help me for the second serial port.

Thanks a lot
     Joel

                                                                           =
                                  =20
                    Richard Hirst                                          =
                                  =20
                    <rhirst@linux        To:     Jo=EBl Soete/BRU/MASTERCAR=
D@MASTERCARD                        =20
                    care.com>            cc:     parisc-linux@lists.parisc-=
linux.org@SMTP@EUROPAY            =20
                                         Subject:     Re: [parisc-linux] Ho=
w to access the second serial port=20
                    04-07-01             on a B180 with PALINUX            =
                                  =20
                    11:57 PM                                               =
                                  =20
                                                                           =
                                  =20
                                                                           =
                                  =20

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 08:59:39AM +0200, Jo=EBl Soete wrote:
> Hio,
>
> I just re-install my B180 with the last palinux-0.9 CD.
>
> With STI console gpm also works excepted that it do not highlight a
> double-click selection (but selection works)?
>
> I would also like to test the second serial port available on this model.
> Is any have tips or idea?

Support has recently been added to the kernel for the second serial
port.  Either grab a new kernel from puffin.external.hp.com, I think
Matt Taggart posted some recently, or build your own.

Richard

This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential information =
which is strictly intended for the use of the authorised recipient.  If you=
 have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender=
 by replying to this e-mail.
Thank you for your co-operation.