[parisc-linux] linux-2.4.0

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:23:28 +0000

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 12:48:31AM +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> we have large outstanding diffs in the scsi directory -- richard
> volunteered to take care of this.  some other drivers need submitting
> / updating.

We have a new driver sim700.c that drives 53c700 and 53c710; Linus has a
driver sim710.c that drives just 53c710 (also written by me).  I want to
merge those two before submitting, but havn't managed yet.  sim710.c is
used on older Compaq x86 boxes with on-board scsi controllers.  I have
such a machine, but my merged driver had some problems on it.  I plan on
having another go at that.

The other area is ncr53c8xx.c, which I modified to support 53c720 on
Zalon.  I have sent patches to the maintainer and he has agreed to
integrate them - but nothing has happened for a while.  I'll prod
him again.

I see drivers/net/lasi_82596.c got integrated.  I had planned on
merging that with 82596.c sometime, but I guess there is no urgency
now.  82596.c is mostly used on m68k VME boards.

Richard