[parisc-linux] CPU detection wrong

Alex deVries alex@linuxcare.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:34:00 -0500

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> we have the following entry in hardware.c:
>         { 0x05c0, 0x0fc0, pcxw   },  /* 0x05c0 - 0x05ff */
> however, 5d5 is a pcxw+ (pa8600).

I remember when we were writing this that it was very difficult to
figure some of these things out, because of missing or conflicting
information.  I don't actually think that there's any information in
here that isn't available publically, like ver_nums.pdf.

I know I've never seen a concise and complete list of CPUs and IDs.

I seem to recall some of the lists not covering some of the newer
CPUs...

- Alex

--
Alex deVries, Principal Solutions Architect, The Puffins at Linuxcare
613.562.2759 tel