[parisc-linux] CPU detection wrong

dkennedy dkennedy@linuxcare.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:11:19 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> we have the following entry in hardware.c:
>
>         { 0x05c0, 0x0fc0, pcxw   },  /* 0x05c0 - 0x05ff */
>
> however, 5d5 is a pcxw+ (pa8600).  I don't know enough to change this
> because i don't have a list of which ids are assigned.  I know this
> information is available within linuxcare because i remember going over
> this with dave kennedy at one point.  i don't have that information any
> more though, so i can't fix this myself.

I will modify hardware.c and the hardware database to accomodate this
change.  I will be doing that next week sometime.

Thank you.

If anyone else has any other changes to the CPU detection code please let me
know.

--
David Kennedy, Technical Account Manager, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.9594 tel, 613.562.9304 fax