[parisc-linux] newbie question

Sean Anaya sanaya@gr.hp.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:17:56 -0700

Hi all,

I have acquired an HP Visualize C180-XP machine at work (first time I have
played with an HP unix box) and would like to install HP Linux on it. Since
I don't have access to another linux machine for tftpbooting it seems the
best way to install linux is to make a bootable CD. So my question is how do
I burn a bootable CD once I have everything that needs to be on the CD. I
have access to a CD burner/software on a windows machine, but I don't know
if that will work for an HP unix box. Any help or suggestions on a better
way to install linux would be greatly appreciated. I'm more familiar with
older Sun machines than I am with HP's.

Thanks,

Sean Anaya
sanaya@gr.hp.com