Administrivia and a question was: [parisc-linux] Question for the Faq

R P Herrold herrold@owlriver.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 09:39:26 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Phillip D. Beal wrote:

> I thought I'd post this to be added to the faq, as I was stumped on this
> problem for a while, and I think some people might hit the same problem.

<snip good 'hint and kink type' contribution>

1. The submission got me thinking.  I just examined
http://parisc-linux.org/faq.html --- and there is no listing
of a formal role-address for an 'editor' of FAQ content.  So
it will probably be lost in the essectially unsearchable
archive at:

2, I was going to address the question of who is responsible
for making sure these gems to not get lost to the
administratative contact on the mailing list, so I checked
http://parisc-linux.org/lists.html -- no mention of the
role-address for parisc-linux-owner@thepuffingroup.com or
owner-parisc-linux@thepuffingroup.com.

Of course the first entry on that page, for the announce
archive is a dead link ...

3. So I checked the mailer headers -- nope- the list
namagement headers are not there, of this sort from another
list:

Sender: owner-slug@owlriver.com

Nope, no help there.

4.  In getting to the project webpages, I pasted
parisc-linux-owner@thepuffingroup.com, and editted that down
to www.thepuffingroup.com -- which went through two redirects
to get to: http://parisc-linux.org/

A one line trailer might be useful:

See the website: http://parisc-linux.org/

-------------------------------

I don't see problems so much as too much work for too few
hands, resulting in the technical side getting done first (as
it must be a priority, lest the project be Yet Anither Dead
Open Source Project [tm]).  Pollyanna would say they were
'opportunities'.

I can file a good bug report describing what I see -- I can
follow documentation with the best of them -- I stand in awe
of Alex, Grant and the rest of the coding team on the depth of
their knowledge in getting the port up and running.

So my question is: How may one contribute at an editorial and
project infrastructure level?  I wish to do so, and bet others
on the list do too.

-- Russ Herrold